Updated March 19, 2020
The following policies apply to all church activities except Preschool which will be governed by the Govans Presbyterian Preschool Parent Handbook Addendum for COVID-19.
- Until Session approves a plan for an in person worship option, Sunday worship will continue only online.
- Until Session approves a plan for reopening, the Church Office will remain closed to the public. Church staff may work from home or may come into the office.
- Everyone in the church buildings must wear a mask at all times and maintain social distancing. Exception: Children are encouraged to wear masks, but not required.
- Until Session approves otherwise, no rentals will be allowed in any church buildings.
- All bathrooms should be cleaned and sanitized daily if they have been used.
- Soul Kitchen may begin serving cooked takeout meals on June 21st with no more than 2 people working in the kitchen at one time.
- Outdoor services are allowed provided social distancing is observed and masks are worn.
- Up to twelve people may be present in the sanctuary during the worship broadcast. Masks will be worn, but one person at a time may remove their mask when speaking with the unmasked person being at least 10 feet from other participants. Singers should remain masked.
- Food or drink may not be consumed inside church buildings by renters or church groups. Consumption of food and drink may be permitted on a case by case basis to be approved by the Pastor and Rental Manager. The Preschool children and staff may consume food and drink at normal times for eating and breaks.
Ways to help those in need:
CARES Food Pantry is in need non-perishable food.
Items such as cereal or oatmeal, rice, pasta, pasta sauce, canned tuna, baked beans, peanut butter, jelly, canned veggies, soup(not tomato soup), canned fruit, mac and cheese are needed. Diapers and wipes, soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, and other toiletries are also needed.
Drop off at CARES which is located in the basement garage of St. Mary’s Catholic Church which is located at 5502 York Road Mondays and Thursdays from 9:00am-11:00am, and Saturdays from 10:00am-12:00 noon. Do not drop off at Govans.
Other closing information:
- The Senior Network of North Baltimore is closed to in-person activities.