Govans Presbyterian Church is a theologically progressive community empowering people to make the world better. We empower people to make the world better by encouraging each person to develop and nurture a relationship with God as they understand God. God is the source of our life, joy, healing, wholeness, ability to overcome obstacles and make a positive difference in the world. We provide the means for each person to grow in their relationship with God, by inviting and welcoming all people to worship, learn, serve, and care for one another.
As a Christian community, we embrace values and virtues demonstrated in the life and teaching of Jesus and throughout the Bible, including:
· Selfless love as demonstrated by Jesus throughout his ministry and death on the cross.
· Relational ministry that prioritizes listening and building relationships.
· Healing and restoration of God’s creation.
· Liberation for all people held in bondage whether by personal or social powers.
· Equality and equal opportunity for all people to enjoy the abundance of God’s creation.