Looking for a church in Baltimore to hold your wedding? We are pleased to offer the use of our beautiful sanctuary and facilities to the community for weddings of any two people. Govans is a gay-friendly wedding venue. All weddings are required to use the church’s wedding coordinator and sexton.
Building Use and Fees
- Use of the sanctuary for the wedding and rehearsal - $1000.
- This cost includes use of the sanctuary for the wedding and rehearsal, use of the pipe organ and piano (see below regarding availability of the organist), two rooms for dressing, the wedding coordinator and sexton.
- Note: a $200 deposit is required to reserve the space. The balance must be paid two weeks before the wedding. A $200 refundable security deposit is also required.
- The cost of renting the sanctuary does not include pastor or organist honorariums, or rental of the Fellowship Hall for a reception. Please see below for those services.
- Wedding rentals are for a total of 3 hours. Any time over will be charged at a rate of $200/half hour.
The Pastor at Govans Presbyterian Church, Rev. Tom Harris, is available to officiate at weddings. He requires at least 3 sessions of premarital counseling and service planning. If the Pastor has any reservations about the marriage he reserves the right to refuse service.
- Honorarium for the Pastor’s service - $250.
If you would like Rev. Harris to officiate at the wedding please request a meeting with him when you reserve the space or contact him directly at 410-435-9188 or email@example.com to determine availability.
Govans Presbyterian Church can also provide an organist to play our beautiful pipe organ.
- Honorarium for the organist’s services - $200.
Reception in the Church Fellowship Hall
Our 125 capacity Fellowship Hall may be rented for a wedding reception in conjunction with a wedding for $500 plus a $15/hr staffing fee and a $200 refundable security deposit. This includes use of tables and chairs.
Renting the Fellowship Hall for a wedding reception when the wedding is not at the church is $750. Plus a $15/hour security fee and $250 refundable security deposit.
To reserve the building for a wedding please call our Office Manager at 410-435-9188 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.